I got this midday on Saturday (Play.com are far too slow for my liking, but alas, the Black Edition was too awesome to refuse), and played it for about 20 hours over the weekend and enjoyed every second of it. I still haven't finished the main story yet though - Too busy with side quests & MW2 :p
Here's what the Black Edition contained:
(I need a new camera)
A few notes about the Black Edition:
- The box itself is really nicely made, however it took me about 10 minutes to figure out why there was artwork on the inside of the box: The front flips open to create a nice display case for Ezio.
- The additional content is laughable compared to the rest of the game; if you got the normal edition then you aren't missing out on much. Honestly.
- The art book is gorgeous. It even feels gorgeous just holding it.
- The model is nice, but the lack of movement is a little disappointing.
- The MW2 Hardened edition is a complete ripoff compared to this.
And my thoughts on the actual game so far (I have just finished segment 10):
- It's fucking awesome.
- The sheer amount of things to do is simply astounding; I spent a good 6-7 hours on Sunday playing the game without doing any of the main quest line.
- I'm really digging Ubisoft's new Uplay platform: Free goodies FTW. Only negative so far is that the theme wasn't a Premium theme.
- The fact I never finished Assassin's Creed 1* has not impacted negatively on my experience one bit.
- It's nowhere near as monotonous as the first one.
- I'm not sure what else to say without spoiling anything; but it's just such a fun, varied, and satisfying experience.
Overall: Buy it. Or ask for it for Christmas. Or, in true Assassin's Creed style; assassinate someone who owns it, and steal it from them. Preferably not me, though.*Long story involving a RROD or two followed by some awesome releases.